Friday, October 29, 2010

Silver in Cincinnati @ North American Cup! Yay!

Finally, all the training is starting to come together.

Earlier this month, I traveled up to Cincinnati, OH for the North American Cup A Division II Women's Epee event.  Let me say, I love Cincinnati! Great city!  My results?

I earned the Silver medal and my B-rating in Epee.

Princess Rashid (me) receiving the Silver Medal at the North American Cup A
Division II Women's Epee event.

I did pretty well in my pool. I got out undefeated. That was pretty great for me actually because it usually takes me some time, one or two bouts, to get it together. Plus, when I walked into the venue that morning, I felt terrible....the beginnings of the flu. Turns out, I fence pretty well when I'm sick to my stomach. LOL!

Here's some shots of the final bout: Rashid (left) vs. Jarin-Lipschitz (right)




I score the first touch. Yay!

Rashid scores the first touch! 

But throughout the bout we are neck and neck. In this next shot the score is tied and 2-2.

Score is tied 2-2.
And then she comes out with her attack. Jarin-Lipschitz penetrated my distance and scored the next touch.
Jarin-Lipschitz penetrates Rashid's distance
and scores the next touch.

Still, I'm not worried. There's still plenty of time..... In the next shot, the score is tied again at 7-7.

Scored is tied again 7-7.
The final score was 10-9 ( Jarin-Lipschitz-Rashid).

We were tied 9-9. I get the priority coin flip. I'm thinking great..."all I have to do is double".  That was my plan. She comes for me, just like I knew she would....and then, I apparently have a brain F*RT. Excuse me!

I thought I had waited to make the double but a trusted spectator informed me later that I was a hair too soon with my action. Instead of doubling, there was only one light! Curses! She must have parried! Curses!!!!!!!

Oh well, there's always next time!

All in all, it was a pretty exciting day!

No comments: